Saturday, March 17, 2007
Bad English...
*This will be a short post because I need to prepare for my presentation tomorrow!!


I have this bad tendency of laughing at people's poor English. Well, my English is not exactly great but it's so bad that you can't help yourself.

Malaysian has this mentality to look up at people who could speak good English. As for those who can't, they will be look down upon. Obviously, it's not a very good attitude. Just because someone has good oratory skill, doesn't mean he's smart.

Well, the point I want to make here is that, even though someone couldn't speak proper English, they shouldn't be looked down as they might have something better than us eg. better in other languages. So anyway, the purpose of writing this crap is to serve as disclaimer for my post below. I don't want anyone to brand me an arrogant bitch who think her English is better than anybody else.

So here's the story.

Couple years ago, my friends and I had coffee in Coffee Bean. So this friend of mine brought her cousin, who didn't speak a word throughout the entire session. Then couple days later, she messaged this friend of mine in Friendster.

Girl: ARE YOU REMEMBER ME?? ARE YOU REMEMBER ME? LAST TIME WE DRINK KOPI IN KOPI BEAN...

My friend laughed so hard till he smashed her keyboard with her hands.
posted by MizzLucy at 12:06 AM -
6 Comments:
  • At March 17, 2007 at 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember back in my college time, I used to go clubbing with my friends somewhere in Sunway. Not because we love clubbing so much (ok, we do actually :P) but there were loads of cute guy to see too. There was *this* particular guy that I became fond of.. suka tengok saja lah, nothing bad. One night, he approached me! My heart beats like a bullet train when I saw him getting nearer and nearer.. His mouth opened and he uttered:

    "Excuse me, Miss. You looking very familiar. Can I know how much is the time now?

    O.o Nasib baik I didn't end up with that guy. *muahahahahaa*

    OK.. that was mean.

     
  • At March 17, 2007 at 7:55 AM, Blogger Mas Light said…

    hahahhahahahahahha i'm sorry i'm sorry...i can't help but to laff *uhuk~ omg, well so to say that my english isn't that great either but *uhuk~ people trying to hard to speak other language when really can't is juz erm horrible.

    sorry sorry...i got a tendency to correct ppl oso sometimes. erm, this is coz my dad or my sis owez correct me *uhuk~ i've developed the same behaviour..shite!

     
  • At March 17, 2007 at 5:35 PM, Blogger MizzLucy said…

    cindy: i can imagine what your blog will sound like if you really end up with that guy! hehe...Nasib!

    mas: my english isn't that great either...but you just can't help it right??? so true!

     
  • At March 18, 2007 at 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucy I got News Flash!!

    A friend of mine just sms'ed me:

    Hey Cin, I'm back from **. I tooken a lot of photos for you.

    ZOMG, ngam-ngam I was eating jelly that time and I almost choked! Now I can't stop saying that to my bf.

    Have you tooken your dinner??

    Have you tooken your bath?

    *Mwahahahahahaha*

    (Shit, I need to go for confession already..)

     
  • At March 18, 2007 at 8:27 AM, Blogger Mas Light said…

    hahahha *lol cin

     
  • At March 18, 2007 at 12:37 PM, Blogger MizzLucy said…

    hahahahahaha!!!! that is like past past participle participle tense kaw kaw! haha...Easter is just around the corner bah!

     
Post a Comment


The Girl
Name: MizzLucy
Home: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
About Me: a skinny midget who loves chocolates.
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2