Monday, May 7, 2007
Of beggers and liars
Today a man came in to my work place begging for money. He brought along his own IC and an air ticket and told us his story; He's a man around his 40s, he's not married, no children, no work and he's from west Malaysia, how he got here in Sabah, I do not know, he told us he bought an air ticket to KLIA but he missed the flight so he needs the money to buy another ticket so that he can get back.

How true his story is only him and the Mighty One above will know.

The question is, should or should I not help him?

I've been to these situations lots of time. Beggers asking me from money, told me their sad and unfortunate story and then my conscience started debate.

........I hate swindlers, I hate liars, I hate everything that is not true. It gets even worse when I start to believe these lies!

I kesian juga bah dorang ni...It's not like I have no heart at all la. But I really despise those who use my generosity and my sympathies for their own good...Paling la sia pantang tu!

So tell me, what should I do??? Just ignore all beggars?????

damn...another boring post
posted by MizzLucy at 9:59 PM -
8 Comments:
  • At May 8, 2007 at 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know exactly what you feel with swindlers. What I do these days, instead of giving beggars $$$, I buy them food.

     
  • At May 9, 2007 at 12:10 AM, Blogger Sing Yee said…

    he could be lying or not....politely ask him to walk away from you because you too dont have much money? i will never spend money on strangers unless that person is really in need of money.....

    wah lucy i actually wrote comment on your every entries.seriously i am that tad bored. damnit kekekeke. hows work?

     
  • At May 9, 2007 at 9:45 AM, Blogger Mas Light said…

    if that's his problem, then he should report to the police station? no meh? ticket lost can claim back if u make police report bukan ka?

    lost...aiyer..these ppl..dun say...got this 1 particular conman owez come to my office with his fake photostated surat like ham choi..

    minta derma...but he seriously smell like pee..

    >_<

     
  • At May 9, 2007 at 10:19 PM, Blogger MizzLucy said…

    woit! juz 2day 2 old man came and ask me for money lar! They brought along their IC and an article from a newspaper which I don't bother to take the time to read it... I politely told them my boss is not in...Then they said, "If your boss were in, he would give me rm10..." WTF!!!!

    gallivanter: What if they insist on giving them money???

    sing yee: ooo...bored baru wanna leave comment lar...begitoooo lar kau....haha

    maslight: what's the deal with the photostat letter/article??? what's that??? and....i love ham choi! hahaha

     
  • At May 10, 2007 at 10:27 AM, Blogger Mas Light said…

    lucy..i dunno, the ham choi letter = surat urang meninggal kot...like mo minta derma for dat..i think...dat's wut i heard la...my colleagues told me kekekeke...

    coz lucky for me..he didn't come in to my room..kekekeke takut man...smell like pee XD

    i oso like ham choi XD sedap eat with soup

     
  • At May 11, 2007 at 10:31 PM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Hmmm. he's most probable a swindler. He can work wad!

     
  • At May 12, 2007 at 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There was once when I was having lunch with my parents, a beggar approached my mom for 20 cents because he wanted to smoke. My mom refused, instead, she asked him to sit and join us for lunch. Amazingly, that beggar (an old man) refused and insist on his 20cents!

    He end up getting a bottle of orange juice from us. xD

    I don't believe in donating to the beggar. If they're in perfect form, they could find a job and earn their living. Piff!

     
  • At May 12, 2007 at 10:31 PM, Blogger MizzLucy said…

    that's what i'm talking about, cin! sanggup tidak makan so that they can get money and buy cigarette/drugs!

     
Post a Comment


The Girl
Name: MizzLucy
Home: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
About Me: a skinny midget who loves chocolates.
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2